Juno is a new theatre group that focuses on new writing by female playwrights. The company is based in Salisbury, Wiltshire but reaches out to practitioners in Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset.
We aim to support theatre writing and theatre making by women, who are still significantly under-represented in British theatre. Our vision is to celebrate the female voice in all aspects of theatre-making, creating compelling and distinctive work that speaks from a woman’s perspective and experience.
Juno aims to:
- Develop a strategic approach that embeds women’s writing for the theatre and provides more opportunities for female writers
- Support women working in diverse theatre roles including acting, stage management, lighting design, etc.
- Work in partnership with existing initiatives to develop new/original drama in the region
- Bring together female practitioners of all ages under one umbrella organisation for the area
- give space to support writers and theatre practitioners experimenting with form and content.